Motorhome Vehicle Technician / Mechanic job opportunity in Canterbury, Kent.
An attractive opportunity to join a home-grown, family run business that has grown in to a flourishing team of over 40 staff. You would be joining as one of two on-site vehicle technicians / mechanics to look after their stock of motorhomes, managing your own workshop area with full autonomy for a business that will trust you to get the job done right.
This business boasts a fantastic working environment, wonderful perks, which include use of a company motorhome for family holidays, and they have even won the Auto-Trader award for People and Culture.
About this Vehicle Technician / Mechanic job:
* Around 90% of the work is internal, with a small amount of work on customer vehicles
* Diagnostic and repair
* Timing belt replacement
* Inspection and appraisal of incoming vehicles for new stock, including test drives
* Working closely with the service manager and habitation technicians to ensure that all vehicles are of a high standard
* Delivery and collection of motorhome vehicles for MOTs (completed externally)
* Regular training courses and development opportunities
Vehicle Technician / Mechanic working hours:
* Monday to Friday
* One Saturday per month on a rota, with additional Saturdays available as overtime
* 08:30 - 17:00
About you, the ideal Motor Vehicle Technician / Mechanic in Kent:
* You should be a qualified and experienced vehicle technician, able to work independently
* A Vehicle Technician / Mechanic with NVQ Level 3 preferred, but someone with a large amount of Motor Vehicle Technician experience without this would be considered
* Experience of service, maintenance and repair of a wide range of vehicles, including timing belts.
* Experience with larger vehicles is preferred but not essential.
* You should have your own tools, able to keep them and the workshop organised and clean
* Willing to continuously develop your own expertise by attending training courses that will be offered to you
* A desire to settle in to a company long-term
* Full UK Driving License with no more than 3 points and no major endorsements
* Own transport, due to location
What's in it for you?
* A starting salary of £28,000 - £32,000+, negotiable on experience, plus overtime
* 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing every 4 years
* Company pension scheme
* Use of a company motorhome, free of charge, for family holidays after completing your first year (just add fuel!)
* On-site parking
* An award winning working environment
If this Motor Vehicle Technician job in Canterbury, Kent, looks right for you, please apply with a full CV to J & J Recruitment Solutions or give us a call and speak with James