Currently recruiting for an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas operator based in central Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer will provide first line asset engineering support to the maintenance delivery teams, with the aim of ensuring the execution of effective maintenance and repair activities. Reporting to the Maintenance & Engineering Lead, the Rotating Equipment Engineer will have the following main duties & responsibilities:
Experience / Qualifications:
- Ensuring that discipline specific engineering work remains within budget.
- Ensuring delivery of a technically correct and timely engineering work service.
- Providing optimised preventative maintenance programmes for rotating equipment and implement industry best practice.
- Engaging and participating in any operational improvement processes to optimise discipline specific engineering support.
- Providing discipline input to the 28- and 90-day asset planning process.
- Providing discipline guidance and engineering endorsement to proposed changes to PMRs within the SAP CMMS.
- Acting as the technical representative for asset support contracts.
- Liaising with other disciplines, vendor representatives and manufacturers.
- Ensuring vendors are mobilised on time to meet the asset planning schedule and that vendors mobilise fully prepared to execute scopes of work on time and within agreed budget.
- Assisting with the resolution of operational problems, including participation in and close-out of accident / incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Providing engineering advice and endorsement of engineering change (MOC), maintenance deferrals, ORAs etc.
- Responsible for equipment performance, including spare part management and warranty follow-up.
- Ensuring performance standards are accurate and adhered to via the Inspection, Test and Maintenance programme.
- Actively engaging with the site execution teams, ensuring participation in corporate behavioural safety and intervention schemes.
- A relevant degree qualification would be preferred, however, an HNC/HND qualification could be considered alongside extensive rotating equipment engineering experience.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Rotating Equipment Engineer type role, within the Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an Oil & Gas Operator, would be preferred.
- SAP experience (particularly SAP PM) would be highly desirable, however, other CMMS' will be considered.