FinTech RS is working with one of our energy clients on an exclusive basis assisting them with the recruitment of a Data Scientist joining their team on a permanent basis. Our client is well established within the energy sector. This role has arisen due to the current incumbent moving overseas
Working within a small team this role will work alongside the data science, engineering and commercial teams to develop an understanding of needs. This role will research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis whilst communicating these findings to stakeholders. The hope is that this will enable smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights.
- Identify and integrate new datasets that can be leveraged through our client's product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to plan and execute the development of data products
- Perform analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact
- Find data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Plan and exploit algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for accuracy
- Analyse data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
Candidates should have a degree in statistics, applied mathematics or a related discipline. Ideally, candidates will have experience working within data science. Candidates should also understand data mining and statistical analyst whilst also ideally being strong with Excel, SQL, Tableau and programming languages such as Jaca/Python etc.
Get in touch for full details!