Computacenter is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and public sector organisations. We help our customers to source, transform and manage their IT infrastructure to deliver digital transformation, enabling users and their business. Computacenter is a public company quoted on the London FTSE 250 (CCC.L) and employs over 16,000 people worldwide.
Our ambition is to be strongly recommended by customers for the way we help them achieve their goals. We want to be the preferred route to market for technology providers. People want to join us and stay with us, proud of our reputation, as we learn, earn and have fun. We want to be trusted as an agile and innovative provider of digital technology around the world.
Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We deliver local services and operate Service Centers and Integration Centers across Europe, South Africa, Asia and the Americas, supporting users in over 70 countries.
We are offering an IT Apprenticeship opportunity in the Technical Resource Group (TRG). TRG provides an engineering resource to our customers across the country. Our engineers have knowledge and expertise on a wide range of equipment including laptops, desktops, servers, networking and storage to ensure that we can deploy the best possible technical resource to our customers when they need it. Typically our skills are aligned to Computacenter's preferred IT vendors which include HP, Dell, Microsoft and Lenovo. Engineers will work on a variety of disciplines including installation, deployment, repair and support into the customer and workshop environments.
Our programmes will provide you with the challenges; support, training and development opportunities you will need to launch your IT career.Key Responsibilities:
- Installing, deploying, repairing and supporting our customer with IT equipment
- Gain a knowledge and expertise on a wide range of equipment including laptops, desktops, servers, networking and storage to ensure that we can deploy the best possible technical resource to our customers when they need it
- Working and gaining skills within Computacenter's preferred vendors products including HP, Dell, Microsoft & Lenovo.
- Perform a range of technical work activities either remotely or at customer site to meet business and customer requirements.
- Document and reports on work completed to ensure compliance with Company and Customer Procedures
- Escalate issues in line with company processes to ensure customer demands are met
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers to ensure consistent experience
- A real passion and interest in IT
- A commitment to building a career with Computacenter
- Ability to manage a busy workload with academy-based learning
- A full driving license
Future Career Progression:
- Salary £10,000 per annum
- 00am until 5.30pm
- Salary will be discussed on completion of Apprenticeship
- Full time and permanent position for the right candidate
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.