Join an independent, full-cycle energy company with growth plans and ambitions to become a leading producer in the UK Continental Shelf.
In your role as Senior Commercial Advisor, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Representing the company in JV-related commercial matters.
- Leading negotiations and working closely with legal advisers in the drafting of commercial agreements and handling of any disputes.
- Liaising with other colleagues and departments to ensure the company remains commercially compliant with existing agreements and that the negotiation and drafting of new agreements captures all relevant risks and opportunities.
- Providing advice, clarification and guidance in relation to commercial matters.
- Managing existing commercial agreements to ensure that all rights and obligations are enforced and fulfilled.
- Building effective working relationships with key stakeholders and business partners across the organisation, influencing and negotiating with parties as required.
Applicants to this position should have substantial experience of negotiating agreements for the access to third-party infrastructures in an upstream oil and gas environment. You'll also need experience in establishing and managing Joint Ventures and associated agreements.
Knowledge and understanding of the Commercial Code of Practice, the Infrastructure Code of Practice and OGA Stewardship Expectations are essential.
You should be comfortable in providing guidance to Planning and Economics teams (ideally with the ability to understand and run simple economics), and should also have experience of developing and maintaining a strong network of internal and external stakeholders.