This is a fully remote, temporary position for the initial 6 months. This role does have a good potential of converting to a permanent position after that. If you are an ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant and are interested in this role on a temporary or permanent basis, then please feel free to reach out via application.
The purpose of this role is to manage 2 accounts personnel and provide support to the Head of Financial Services. Ensure staff provide timely and accurate financial management information that will inform decision making across the business and the wider Group.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee month end financial processes and timetable, identifying efficiencies and implementing change as required to enable the team to consistently meet workload requirements.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including variance analysis from budget and quarterly forecasting. Preparation of narrative for Executive Group and Board meetings.
- Deal with or delegate internal and external ad hoc queries including National Statistics, OSCR, tax, etc.
- Liaison with the external auditors to ensure they have all the information required and that their queries are resolved to ensure timely and accurate statutory financial statements.
- Work with Head of Financial Services and other senior members of the finance team to develop the team with a business support / customer focus ethic.
To be successful in this role you will require the following skills & experience:
- Hold a professional accountancy qualification - CA, CIMA, ACCA
- Experience of providing and developing financial information in a diverse organisation.
- Commercial sector experience.
- Experience and understanding of charity accounting, research and/or education organisation is preferred.
- Experience of preparation of VAT returns in complex organisations is desirable.
If you are interested in finding out more then please apply with your CV and contact details ASAP and our experienced consultant will ring you for a confidential discussion.
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for the placement of permanent staff and acts as an employer for the delivery of temporary and interim solutions.