If you are an experienced communication professional with Public Relations experience, we would love to hear from you. Our client, a leading financial planner in Edinburgh are looking for a head of PR to join the growing team. This will be a completely new role, giving complete freedom and scope to the role holder to shape the direction of public relations within the company.
- Experience as a senior marcomms professional, a financial journalist or a press officer either agency or in-house.
- The ability to manage-up effectively within the business, and with authority, giving confidence to the Executive team that communications and protecting our reputation are completely under control.
- Experience with establishing, nurturing and leveraging long-lasting professional relationships both internally and externally.
- An understanding of what it takes to have effective relationships with the UK press and broader influencer community, and how to best utilise corporate sponsorship.
- The ability to support the business in developing high-quality communication, even with short notice and a minimal brief.
- A commercial mindset and be able to see the big picture, without neglecting the details
- Excellent communication skills, with a succinct approach.
- Confident and knowledgeable in using Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Platform, Fund Management or SIPP/pension market experience (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of, and a passion for, social media.
- Ensure effective PR agency relationships, focused on ensuring our reputation is protected, negativity minimised and our strategic narrative exploited.
- Construct, manage and execute an appropriate rolling programme of strategic and sequenced communications activities across national, trade and local media, that dovetail with the broader marketing plan and are joined-up with other stakeholder communications.
- Compile, monitor and analyse metrics that monitor performance and identify territory and comment opportunities.
- Construct, obtain approval for and deploy company-approved responses to journalist enquiries, always striving to ensure the best possible representation.
- Ensure all media-facing material (press releases, placed articles, blogs, and comment) is constructed and approved in line with internal standards and procedures.
- Devise and support delivery of any media-facing events (e.g. monthly media meetings, annual thought leadership. report launches, awards dinners), including liaising with reporters, industry spokespeople and venue staff.
- Source supporting information for reactive and proactive media comms from within the business.
- Identification of key external influencers (e.g. consultants, trade bodies), ensuring they understand and continue to be briefed on our strategic narrative and we consider their opinions in our own strategic messaging development.
- Consider, support and deliver appropriate corporate sponsorship opportunities that bring our purpose to life and provide commercial and/or reputational benefit to the business. Liaise with internal Community Groups as required.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14286
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website