Come and work at AIMS, a not-for-profit organisation that really makes a difference. We're looking for a Marketing and Communications Assistant. About the job
Whether you're coordinating a photoshoot or brainstorming ideas for our next webinar, you'll be involved with a little bit of everything that goes on in the marketing department. You'll work on campaigns alongside the Head of Marketing and Communications and will also have the opportunity to take on your own projects.
Your main duties will include:
- Writing compelling and informative content and copy e.g. FAQs, emails, newsletters, articles, blogs, adverts and social media posts
- Monitoring our social media accounts and engaging with followers
- Helping to plan events
- Proof reading webpages, communications, documents, etc.
- Creating and updating webpages
- Setting up and sending email campaigns
- Scheduling social media posts
- Conducting desk-based web research. This could range from regular industry research, to investigating particular topics for a piece of content we're writing.
- Briefing and liaising with creative agencies and freelancers
- Collating data and stats (e.g. from Google Analytics, Hootsuite and MailChimp) to measure the success of campaigns
- Taking on your own mini-projects
- Taking part in team meetings and contributing ideas
- Understanding and working within our brand guidelines
- Assisting your colleagues in the Marketing team in any way required
You'll be joining the organisation at an exciting time, as we prepare to strengthen our branding, develop a new website, launch a new mobile app and make increasing use of digital. About you
You've got a marketing-related degree or HND, and maybe some on-the-job experience. You're keen to develop your skills and progress in a marketing role, with a company who will support your professional development. These are the skills we need:
- Good all-round marketing knowledge
- Digitally savvy
- A flair for words
- A creative thinker and an enthusiastic 'doer'
- Organisation, attention to detail
- Service orientated
- Team player
Bonus points! It's worth letting us know if you have experience with any of the following tools: WordPress, MailChimp, Wufoo, SurveyMonkey, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Microsoft Office, social media (personal, organic or paid), Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Power BI, Zoom Webinars. About Access Industry Management & Services (AIMS)
Every day, millions of people across the world climb a ladder, build a tower scaffold or find another way to work at height. They're doing all sorts of jobs, from builders to steeplejacks to home DIYers.
Sadly, every day, some of them fall. In the UK, 99 people every day fall from height at work and it's still the leading cause of workplace fatalities.
At AIMS, our purpose is simple.
We want everyone who works at height to come back down safely. We believe that every single one of them deserves safe equipment, specialist training and expert guidance, as well as support if they do have an accident.
That's why we manage six not-for-profit organisations that each have one thing in common - making work at height safer. Four are membership associations - PASMA, the Ladder Association, ATLAS and SLPTG. One is a registered charity - No Falls Foundation. And finally there's Test & Research Centre, a specialist facility for access equipment testing and training.
We're looking for a Marketing and Communications Assistant to carry out a broad range of marketing and communications activities across all our brands.
You'll be located in our friendly Glasgow HQ, although home or hybrid working is likely to remain an option. The office is a 6-minute walk from Charing Cross train station and 12 minutes from St George's Cross subway station. There's also free on-site parking. This role will involve occasional travel within the UK.
Benefits include 8% employer pension contribution on top of your salary, private medical care, training/development opportunities, life insurance, business casual dress code and 33 days' holiday - plus your birthday off, of course!How to apply
Show us why you're the right person for this job by submitting a CV and covering letter via our application form.