ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to continued success, my client is looking to strengthen their Merchandising team. They are looking for bright and enthusiastic Graduates to join as Merchandise Assistants. This is an entry-level role so no prior experience in Merchandising is required. You will work with the merchandising team to maximise commercial opportunities in your product area.
* Prepare weekly reviews of stores and product in preparation for Monday trading meetings
* Provide weekly trading actions to optimise department sales and margin.
* Attend store visits from which create and execute an action plan to improve trade
* Assist the Merchandiser to hit monthly forecasts, drive sales and minimise risks and communicate to DC for short term work flow planning and longer term budgeting
* Assist the Merchandiser and provide information to create Quarterly / Seasonal strategies for departments relating to all KPI's
* Ensure all deadlines are met in accordance with the Buying Calendar
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
Skills & Experience
* Strong Planning, analytical skills, and computer skills.
* Strong numerical skills - maths needs to be strong point
* Good judgment and decision making skills
* Strong customer awareness and understanding
* Proactive and determined
* Passionate about product, strong market, and brand awareness
* Discreet, professional with excellent communication skills
* Exceptionally organised, methodical, and efficient.
ABOUT MY CLIENT
My client is an exciting and established fashion retailer based in Greater Manchester. The business has a real drive/focus on internal progression so opportunities to develop through the business are plenty.
£18,500 - entry level