This challenging and exciting opportunity, based across the North, requires individuals with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in operating as a fully DNO authorised Senior Authorised Person (SAP).
Our client aims to be the UK's leading provider of power infrastructure for the public and private sectors. Due to an increase in contract awards, a significant forward order workload, and a dedication to continued profitable long-term growth, our client is now seeking to appoint two experienced SAP's for their power division.
The role is highly varied and requires a flexible approach to work in order to ensure the successful completion of time critical work for clients. Typical voltage range is 11kV/33kV but may include up to 66kV / 132kv. Senior Authorised Persons will oversee and involve themselves in maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning works with extensive high voltage DNO and IDNO networks. As a Senior Authorised Person you will cover a dedicated area, work autonomously and be totally focused on the tasks at hand. You will join a flexible, exciting and extremely stable company with significant new contract wins to ensure total work satisfaction and security.
* EHV Senior Authorised Persons are required to ensure the delivery of a number of key client's projects
* Experience of EHV and HV project delivery, EHV and HV maintenance and protection work is essential
* The successful applicants will predominately be working on private networks, carrying out maintenance and protection works to the customer's specifications
* Operational responsibility for all maintenance, repairs, installations and commissioning work for clients within a designated area on overhead and underground networks from LV to 33kv level
* Planning and organising scopes of work on behalf of clients (DNO's and IDNO's etc)
* Liaising with clients to ensure shutdown duration and procedures are understood and agreed
* Responsible for the delivery of all EHV projects, maintenance and protection works
* Issuing of safety documents on DNO and private network EHV and HV OHL & UG networks
* Switching on DNO and private network EHV and HV OHL & UG networks
* Responsible for the effective resourcing of labour, tools and equipment necessary to complete all assigned works
* Required to perform standby duties for fault response and emergency situation on a rota basis
* HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
* Previous experience as an HV OHL & UG SAP
* Previous experience on HV DNO and private networks
* Senior authorisation up to and including 66kV
* Minimum 5 years electrical experience of distribution systems at 11 - 132kV
* Minimum 2 years switching experience
* Full UK driving licence
* To have a proven track record operating as an SAP in hands on capacity from within a recognised utility or HV power contractor, or a client side DNO
* You will hold current authorisations within any of the UK's DNO's, or have held authorisations within any of the UK's DNO's within the last 12 months (LV, 11kv, 33kv)
* Possess a thorough understanding of working under a DNO's control and experience of switching systems, procedures and processes, including outages
* Senior Authorised Persons must conduct themselves with authority and confidence
A highly attractive basic salary plus lucrative overtime earning potential and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successfully appointed candidate, along with security and longevity of work, given the company's market leading status and their continued dedication to ambitious growth.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality