INTERNATIONAL TRADING HOUSE IN THE CITY
TITLE: Solicitor 1-4 PQE
SALARY: 60-70K GBP
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To advise and support Group EBUs and Corporate Departments on Legal and Corporate matters such as legal advice, rules and procedures. This could extend to EMEA and CIS, as required.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reporting directly to the Manager and indirectly to the Department General Manager (DGM) in the London Legal Department.
SCOPE OF JOB
With some level of independence, reviewing, drafting, advising on and negotiating various types of international commercial contracts and legal documents required in relation to corporate governance, including; international sale and purchase agreement, distributorship agreement, agency agreement, shareholders agreement, share purchase agreement, intellectual property and technology transfer, M&A, joint venture, guarantee, loan facilities and all corporate related legal documents.
With other members of the team, providing legal support in respect of various national laws and EU and other international regulations, including in relation to corporate governance.
Assisting in the maintenance of the group's organisation (including subsidiaries and branches). This includes advising on group rules, as well as processing applications required from EBUs under those rules, for example in relation to Trade Security Control and Anti-Bribery legislation.
Supporting the Legal Department's initiatives regarding compliance education and training.
Some business travel to support EBUs with legal matters.
Maintaining an awareness of 'best practice' and 'continual improvement' in relation to the scope of work covered by the role.
DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
No current signing authority or budget responsibilities.
• Solicitor Practising Certificate in the jurisdiction of England and Wales (or equivalent) is essential
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills with the potential ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
• Drafts and negotiates international commercial agreements
• Advises on corporate governance and compliance issues
• Advises EBUs and Corporate Departments face-to-face
• Conducts sophisticated legal research
• Demonstrates confidence in ability to provide practical legal advice to EBUs and Corporate Departments
• Demonstrates the skills to work within a collaborative team.
• Demonstrates a pro-active attitude and shows an understanding of the importance of accuracy and meeting deadlines
• Flexibility to meet travel requirements
• Demonstrates the potential to add long-term value to the Legal Department and SCEU Group's business
• Demonstrates the willingness to learn and pass-on knowledge and know-how.
• Experience of working in an international law firm or multinational corporation, as well as specific experience in:
drafting and negotiating international commercial agreements;
advising on corporate governance and compliance issues;
advising clients face-to-face; and
conducting sophisticated legal research.
• Experience within a multicultural business environment would be a distinct advantage