About the opportunity
We are seeking a Principal Gas Design Engineer to join our Energy team in our Glasgow or any other UK office working on a diverse range of projects for a variety of established clients within the gas transmission and distribution sector.
Our range of projects includes the design of new gas pipelines, pipeline diversions, new pressure reduction and storage installations and modifications to existing installations.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Ideally you will have a gas engineering background and experience of working within a design team delivering feasibility, conceptual and detail designs Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Technical design of gas engineering projects;
- Production of design calculations, reports, specifications and other technical documents;
- Material specifications, data sheets and take-offs;
- Coordinating the production of design drawings;
- Leading the design for projects;
- Liaising with clients, equipment suppliers and manufacturers;
- Supporting project managers and design discipline teams;
- Ensuring technical quality with the ability to deliver projects on time;
- Training, developing and mentoring of junior staff, including delegation of work and supervising its delivery.
- Incorporated Engineer status with IGEM or similar (candidates actively working towards this will also be considered);
- Demonstrable experience within the gas transmission and/or distribution sector (above 7 bar pressure);
- Competent in the use and understanding of Industry and Client Specifications, Codes of Practice, Policies and Procedures;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, third parties, project managers and other design team members;
- Motivated and enthusiastic;
- Good communication skills;
- Responsibility for technical quality
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.