You will be responsible for the accounts and finance duties for the business. You may have to assist the Director on tasks when required. The employee will be provided with full training on all tasks and will be given full responsibility when comfortable in the role. A hard working, diligent and competent individual will fit in to the role and grow with in it as the company continues its growth. In time, the successful candidate will be expected to able to cover for their colleague on payroll duty while they are on holiday.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Answering calls, taking messages and handling queries for payroll and accounts.
* Accounts filing and general office duties
* Any other duties commensurate to your role or as requested by the Director.
* Assisting with the preparation, proof reading and submission of weekly/monthly invoices.
* Run full credit control with clients ensuring the procedure is followed to ensure prompt payment.
* Ensure invoices are processed, approved and ready for payment before due date. This includes monitoring Purchase Orders to ensure no delay in payments
* Keep the director updated on finance and credit control aspects such as incoming payments and confirmed dates.
* All accounts payable and receivable duties.
* Monitoring subcontract order dates and values to ensure they are not exceeded/expired to avoid delay of Invoices.
* Assist colleague with all payroll duties when they are off.
Full training will be provided on the role and tasks.
Qualifications & skills required:
* Attention to detail due to the amount of data entry involved with invoicing, reporting etc.
* Ability to proof read to avoid financial data being input wrong.
* Time management and ability to remain focused.
* Ability to follow instructions and tasks through to completion.
* Excellent grasp of the English language for oral and written purposes
* Strong Math and Excel skills
* Friendly, welcoming and approachable with a can do positive attitude
* Experienced in using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and Outlook
* Willing to learn new tasks, take on new challenges and grow with the role
* Able to work as part of the team as well as use own initiative to get things done
* Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage information confidentially
* Ability to work with limited supervision, but seek advice when appropriate
* Able to work on your own initiative in a fast-paced environment, often unsupervised and be able to prioritise effectively
* Capability to follow procedures to ensure smooth functioning of the finance and credit control system. This includes updating the Director on these aspects confidentially and not needing reminding to complete/chase up incomplete or reoccurring tasks.
* Trustworthy and loyal
* Excellent telephone manner and well presented
* Well organised and able to think outside the box and improve tasks
* Excellent ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
* Previous Accounts/Payroll experience preferred. Ability to run Sage or a similar system like system is advantageous.
Salary is dependent on experience and suitability for the role. We are open to all candidates with different experience and backgrounds. More company information can be found at our website.
Please include your CV and preferably a covering letter/email in your application. Any queries, please call Michael on (phone number removed)