Salary: £29.54 per hour
Contract Type: Fixed Term - Variable Hours.
Location: Egham, Royal Holloway International Study Centre
Royal Holloway University International Study Centre and its programmes are provided by Study Group. You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our teaching, learning and assessment strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a tutor, you will contribute to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials for our Maths modules at Foundation programme (FHEQ Level 3), International Year One Undergraduate programme (FHEQ Level 4) and/or Pre-Masters programme (FHEQ Level 6).
Reporting to the Head of Academic Subjects you will be responsible for the design, delivery and development of the Maths modules.
Student learning experience
* Contribute to the design, delivery and development of modules offered by Royal Holloway University International Study Centre.
* Prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions, with variable hours up to 25 hours per week.
* Write and prepare unit examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment.
* Mark students' formative and summative assessment submissions and provide timely feedback to students on their performance, including tutorials and writing regular student reports.
* Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
* Work with the Centre's administration team in the delivery of induction, orientation and registration programmes.
* Notify and liaise with colleagues, where necessary, to ensure all students receive appropriate ongoing welfare and progression support.
* Track students' academic journey, and identify and implement appropriate intervention strategies to support ongoing learning.
* Act as a Personal Tutor for one or more groups of students.
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
* Implement quality assurance procedures at module and teaching session-level, and contribute to the annual monitoring and review of courses.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of students' attendance and performance.
* Attend and contribute to standardisation, moderation and other quality assurance meetings.
* Liaise with External Examiners as required by the Head of Academic Subjects
Academic management and personal development
* Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff contributing to the effective overall management of the programme and student life cycle.
* Participate in the Centre and University governance structure, including attending all compulsory meetings.
* Maintain and submit accurate and timely records of teaching and other activities.
* Participate in regular training and development activities, and maintain a log of these activities.
* Carry out any other duty as required from time to time by the Head of Academic Subjects or Head of Centre.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* A Master's degree.
* Relevant Teaching Qualification.
* Fluent spoken and written English.
* Experience of teaching Maths modules in the UK Higher or Further education sector, including lab-based teaching, and a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students.
* Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
* Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.).
* A student-centred approach.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities that are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe