Jacobs' Decommissioning business delivers waste management and nuclear decommissioning solutions to our clients in the UK, Europe and Asia. We provide client-specific services ranging from one-off technical solutions, to long-term partnering with our clients. Our teams of multidiscipline engineers and project managers design and deliver decommissioning projects on some of the world's most complex and safety critical sites. Our two purpose-built technology centres facilitate the development of new technologies, and in our laboratories in the UK and in Slovakia we continue to invent products and testing methodologies to solve our clients' environmental challenges. We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join us.
Responsibilities to include:
- Lead functional input to own projects, including where relevant leading the input of other engineers, to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality
- Carry out engineering calculations and check the work of more junior staff to delivery a quality functional input to projects
- Ensure that own work and that of more junior engineers on a project complies with all necessary corporate, departmental and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained.
- Specify and procure equipment to meet requirements
- Proactively generate value adding options within projects to offer to clients
- Plan and prioritise own work and that of more junior staff so that deadlines are met
- Provide functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop both them as individuals and the capability of the team as a whole
- Carry out commissioning activities at client site as required, to ensure successful engineering handover.
Here's What You Will Need:
- Substantial relevant experience in relevant project design work
- Team leadership capability
- Basic project management skills
- Capable of managing own work and that of others
- Commercial awareness
- Professionally qualified (eg Chartered) Engineer
- Experience in contracting environment
Relevant site experience