Our client based in Hemswell are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The job description is as follows:
Multi Skilled Engineer (Elec Bias)
£35,700 rising to £36,324
A leading FMCG manufacturer is currently seeking a Multi Skilled Engineer as part of their on-going investment and development plans. As the on shift Multi-Skilled Engineer you are responsible for providing full electrical and partial mechanical engineering support to plant and production.
4on, 4off (rotating continental 12 hour shifts, days and nights)
Summary of key responsibilities:
• Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
• Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and subsequently rectified as quickly as possible
• Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
• Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
• Provide Electrical Breakdown and Preventative cover for the Shift, and assist on the Mechanical Breakdowns if and when required.
• Assist the Days based Preventative Maintenance Team to accomplish site wide PPM programs within the plant PPM schedules.
• Assist the Shift Operations Manager in minimising machine down time by proposing & introducing improved maintenance programmes & continuous improvement ideas.
• Ensure good communication avenues are prevalent between the Engineering
Teams & the Operational teams
• Work as part of a multi-functional Mechanical / Electrical on-site Team
You will ideally have experience within a Multi Skilled Engineering role within a fast paced environment. You will also ideally be an apprentice trained / qualified at C&G or NVQ level
You will ideally have experience of fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of Preventative Maintenance routines on both Mechanical & Electrical equipment.
Formal Level 3 or above engineering qualifications (HNC / ONC in or equivalent) in Electrical.
For more information please call Red Recruitment on (phone number removed)