Our manufacturing partner who is part of a larger group have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join their team on a permanent basis and reporting directly to Site Director. This role is a position for someone who has experience with CAPEX budgets up to £1 Million and experience managing a team of engineers on different shifts and from a manufacturing environment
Benefits: Health Cash Plan, Annual health review, Free car parking, Annual Christmas bonus, Staff participation and support events for Local designated Charity, Contributory Pension Scheme (5%)
Working hours: Monday to Friday 40 hours
Salary: £50,000- £54,000
What your role will look like as an Engineering Manager:
* Provide suitable and accurate proposal for CAPEX spend across the site now and in the future, these will be based on efficiency and capacity improvements
* Carry out project management, keeping tight and documented control of expenditure against proposal/budgeted costs.
* Review annual engineering budgets for business areas for which you are responsible and control expenditure against budget.
* Conduct research where required in order to provide the Head of Ops with technical support. Areas include but not limited to automation, utilisation of water and product to generate energy gains, packaging reduction and various environmental aspects of the site in order to become more efficient and reduce the site carbon footprint
* Review all processes and plant/line running procedures in order to identify suitable opportunities for cost reduction without compromising product quality. Work with stakeholders to agree and implement any changes
* Manage the day to day running of the department. Work with lead engineers to provide the teams with clear instruction, deadlines and prioritization
* Provide regular communication briefings within your team. Attend morning meetings and weekly briefings
* Build strong and collaborative inter departmental relationships.
* Attend any other meetings/briefings as deemed necessary by Head of Ops
What you will have as an Engineering Manager:
* A qualified Engineer
* Manufacturing experience is Essential
* Experience managing a team of engineers