J11942 Data Science Manager - Birmingham - Up To £68,000
A world leading Utilities Company has an exciting position for a Data Science Manager. In this job, you'll be accountable for using Data Science techniques to measure performance and influence change. You will mine and analyse big data sets using data science techniques, and deliver appropriate outcomes for the business, whether analysis, modelling and/or recommendations. You'll be able to explain your output clearly to all levels of the business. You'll also manage, coach a team of data science professionals as well as managing the backlog of work and prioritise resource accordingly and keep your stakeholders engaged and informed.
• Extracting and manipulating large datasets in both cloud and on premise systems.
• Using exploratory analysis methodologies to identify patterns and trends (clustering, PCA, regression, significance testing)
• Working with both classical and deep learning algorithms.
• Developing, deploying and monitoring predictive models.
• Writing clean well documented code, with appropriate testing in place.
• Communicating data science using non-technical language and exciting visualisations to influence change
Skills and experience
• Strategic thinking and planning
• Making the difficult, simple
• High degree of expertise in data science technologies and ways of working
. Confident with coaching and mentoring less experienced colleagues
• Advanced communication skills
• Understanding of the wider commercial objectives of Consumer
• Experience with supervised and non-supervised learning.
• Experience using pytorch or tensorflow particularly desirable
• Background in analytics and statistics
• Skills in Python, R and SQL
• Hands on experience using big data technologies (spark, apache beam)
• Experience working in AWS or GCP would be useful
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK's leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: (url removed)