* Review of legal documentation and drafting agreements;
* Advise on legal issues arising from the Bank's operations in the UK (i.e. the Branch and the Subsidiary).
* Advise on contractual provisions.
* Draft policies and procedures.
* Provide legal advice and guidance for the business.
* Co-ordinate with external legal consultants, reviewing the Legal and Conveyancing Panel on an annual basis and communicating with them on regular basis when the Business requires external advice or opinions. Obtain quotes obtained for any business and provide feedback on the services provided.
* Review and assist with CRS and FATCA reporting.
* Provide the Business with advice on regulations, including CRS, FATCA and the Criminal Finance Act.
* Provide accurate and complete responses to Courts/ Police/ DWP/ Liquidators/ HMRC within the timeframe specified.
* Monthly review of the legal court orders and requests for information for the Legal & Compliance Committee Meeting.
* Assist the Data Protection Officer with data privacy matters and ancillary matters including maintaining accurate and complete records.
* Maintain accurate and complete records/logs of all advice provided, agreements approved, policies reviewed etc.
* Monitor forthcoming regulatory changes, consider impact on Business and communicate.
* Assist with Legal & Compliance input in respect of projects.
* Approve financial promotions.
* Carry out ad hoc monitoring and oversight activities including in accordance with those allocated under the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
* Compile reports for senior management.
* Review, update and maintain the Legal Manual.
* Review Risk Assessments and advise on training requirements.
* Ad hoc legal duties required from time to time.
* Any other duties reasonably assigned by the Head Legal & Compliance from time to time.
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work in a flexible and dynamic environment using own initiative
* Good research and problem solving skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent communication skills