Governance and Compliance Manager
With over 115,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We are now seeking a Governance and Compliance Manager to join our team at our headquarters in London.
As a Governance and Compliance Manager, you will develop a critical governance function to deliver best practice for our organisation as well as ensuring we adhere to regulations.
Supporting the Chief Governance Officer, you will implement big-picture governance strategies. You will provide technical advice to governance committees, proposing forward-thinking actions that facilitate the future of our organisation.
Dynamically engaging with and influencing boards and committees, you will execute and embed key governance improvements and monitor and report compliance status and any potential issues that arise. All the while, you will evolve governance frameworks to ensure they remain relevant and continue to act as an enabler for excellence.
Your role will also involve:
- Supervising the organisation and delivery of annual and general meetings and corporate elections
- Monitoring and reviewing the impact of recommended governance solutions
- Acting as a professional secretariat for the organisation's advisory council
To be considered as a Governance and Compliance Manager, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of working in the not for profit sector, preferably within a registered charity or member association
- Experience in a line management or supervisory position and supporting committees and corporate governance functions
- Experience in, and a knowledge of, complex governance matters and governing and legal documents, as well as implementing constitutional rules and regulations
- A degree (or equivalent professional qualifications or work experience)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficiency in IT
Please note, this role involves travelling to other IMechE sites which may involve overnight stays.
- Salary of circa £46,000 per annum DOE
- A minimum of 26 days' annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays
- Pension scheme
- BUPA private medical insurance
- Life Assurance
- Free membership to the organisation
We are seeking a highly-motivated governance professional, who specialises in the not for profit sector, to play a pivotal role in enabling our organisation to continue to achieve excellence, protecting the future of IMechE and of engineering generally.
We offer the ideal environment for you to complete your vital work, with a plethora of outstanding benefits to support your wellbeing and extensive training and development opportunities to help you grow professionally.
So, if you want the chance to work with some of the best in the industry and feel truly valued doing it, then this is the role for you!
Other organisations may call this role Governance Manager, Compliance Monitoring Manager, Compliance Supervisor, Governance Supervisor, Legal and Compliance Manager, Ethics and Compliance Manager, or Information Governance Manager.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking to develop your career in an ideal work environment as a Governance and Compliance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion