We are looking for a Service Desk Team Leader to join our Technology Services Department in Manchester. Reporting into the Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that incidents and service requests are resolved within SLA and act as the first point of escalation and support.
This is a very technical Service Desk and the successful candidate will gain experience and knowledge of a very wide range of technologies.
Managing a team of Service Desk Analysts, you will be responsible for the workload, development, and performance of the team, and most importantly driving high levels of service.
Whilst Technical IT experience is desirable it is not essential, Team leader/people management experience would be more beneficial
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Line Management of the support team members
- Ownership of the on-site support requirements for the Manchester Office
- Ensuring consistent achievement of Incident and Service Request SLAs
- Oversight and delivery of Service Improvement initiatives
- Coaching of existing team members
- Serving as an escalation point for operational colleagues
- Involvement in management of Suppliers
- Ensure that MI is produced accurately and on time.
- Root cause analysis
- Management of Major Incidents
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience of Windows 10, Windows Server (2012, 2008, 2003)
- Administration and troubleshooting of Windows environments
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 382,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £72.8billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
Headquartered in Manchester with an office in central London, we now have 900 employees and have been named one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For for three consecutive years.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- 25days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid study support for qualifications
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Bike loan
- Season ticket loan portal
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Free social events
- Plus much more