Our client is AMAZING! As a business they passionately believe in 'Adding Value at Source'. This means they aim to make the finished product in the country or region where the fruit is grown. By doing this they return more value to the communities that produce their fruit, and as such can deliver products that are Fresh from Harvest. They work closely with their growers to achieve the highest standards in quality, ethical trade and environmental care and adhere to leading international standards including Fairtrade, Organic, and LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming). Uniquely they have developed their category range to now include branded ice cream, lollies (all dairy free) and have other fantastic new product development coming online to further broaden their retail offering internationally.
They employ over 5,000 people at their key facilities in Africa, Brazil and the UK. By 'Adding Value at Source' be it conventional fruit or branded products, they are far closer to their farmers and return more to communities through job creation, skills development and technology transfer.
As one of the most sought-after businesses to work for in the Fresh and FMCG sectors, they have made a strategic decision to strengthen their team to meet the increasing positive requirements from their retail customers both in the UK and internationally. They are looking to now appoint a Senior Commercial Manager to support their retail growth in the UK.
To lead the sales relationship with a number of major UK retail customers.
* This position will manage key UK retail accounts
* You will work closely with the rest of the commercial team to provide key information and action customers related tasks when required.
* This role will also require you to follow internal processes and systems like a chilled/fresh food/fresh produce ninja
* This role will report to the Commercial Director, and you will work with them (and the rest of the exec team) closely to produce weekly & monthly business updates, covering existing customer business and potential for the future months.
What is Involved:
* There is a strong requirement of great analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
* Strong excel spreadsheet capabilities to analyse inbound information.
* Meticulous and methodical planning skills - strong attention to detail would be great to see.
* Ability to deliver accurate reports to a high standard and within the agreed team timelines.
* Strong presentational & negotiation skills.
* Consistent performance under pressure. It is the world of fresh produce!
* It would be ideal if you have worked within a similar retail account management environment with 5 years' experience within fresh produce or/and chilled.
* Willing to travel abroad on occasion when required.
* Customer facing, ensure the highest levels of customer service and account management are maintained.
* Manage key customer accounts.
* Drive sales growth via existing customer groups & new business development by identifying new opportunities.
* Taking the lead in building category recommendations for ranging and innovation.
* Collating customer tender information and managing the negotiation process.
* Promote company values and ethics.
* Produce weekly & monthly sales reports highlighting business growth and opportunities identified for the future.
THE CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience of leading commercial relationships with retail customers. Ideally in the chilled categories and produce development would be an advantage
* Ability to think strategically, but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
* Ability to interact at Board level and participate in strategic decision-making.
* Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
* An enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
* Skills to develop and negotiate contracts.
* An entrepreneurially-minded self-starter consistently looking for new ways to grow and strengthen the company with its key retailers.
* Ability to build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
* Willingness to travel internationally.
* Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential.
Our client is dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for them. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find this business to be a fantastic business to work with and who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and even more long-term career prospects