Recycling Centre Operations Manager
Orthios is focused on regenerative development with a wide expertise in waste recycling, plastic waste processing, electrical and mechanical engineering, logistic, construction and project delivery. Our objective is to deliver local solutions for climate challenges by recycling and converting non-recyclable material into added value products and green energy.
We are an ambitious company, developing an Eco Park in Holyhead (North Wales) that is focused on delivering green technologies to international markets. Our first major projects focus on the introduction of the Polymer Processing Facility, and the Materials Recovery Facility which will, through pyrolysis, convert plastics previously judged non-recyclable to oil.
The Role - Recycling Centre Operations Manager
Reporting to the Recycling Centre General Manager, you will play a key role in leading our Materials Recovery Facility managing health, safety, and environment to ensure the facility manages its risk profile appropriately and maintains ISO standards. You'll achieve this by:
* Managing the day-to-day operations of the Materials Recovery Facility, recycling commercial and industrial waste, and managing shift rotations
* Managing recycling equipment e.g. industrial shredders, trommels, picking stations, metal recovery magnets, eddy current separators and various yellow equipment
* Managing the day-to-day operation of business systems to organise resources
* Managing the interface with the group ensuring all operators comply with the Regulators licence
* Inspecting facilities to ensure compliance, managing the day-to-day health and safety of the facility and providing advice on health and safety / operational issues
* Managing / keeping records of site and legal requirements, taking responsibility for managing internal and industry standards and ensuring action is taken in respect of failures
* Assisting with managing the budget for service stream by monitoring budgets and forecasting and producing production and resource reports
* Taking responsibility for achieving tonnage targets for commercial waste and controlling expenditure, providing costings
* Ordering and controlling stock i.e. PPE
* Scheduling site maintenance work
* Directing Shift Supervisors in their supervision of their teams including providing cover
* Assisting with HR e.g. recruitment, sickness and absences
You will be part of a highly motivated and committed workforce, within a company culture where personal development, effective communication, and maintenance of a professional, respectful environment is at the core.
* A salary of circa £45,000 level dependent on experience
* Healthy work life balance encouraged, with some flexibility around working arrangements
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* 4% employer contributory pension scheme based on qualifying salary
* Excellent scope for further career development and progression
* PPE provided
* Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
* Access to retailer discounts
* Access to company sick pay scheme on completion of probation
You will be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm from our new Materials Recovery Facility located in Holyhead.
Our Requirements - Recycling Centre Operations Manager
* Experience leading and developing a large workforce, managing HR requirements and the health and safety of a workforce
* Experience managing a budget, service performance, and achieving targets
* Knowledge of the waste and resource industry
* Good understanding of common operational issues and ensuring maximum mitigation to minimise client and company exposure
* Excellent IT skills, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
Although not essential, experience gained within the manufacturing industry would be advantageous, as would experience gained in a waste / recycling environment.
All applications for this Recycling Centre Operations Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions