Field Service Engineer - Electrical Biased
Our client is a well-established and privately owned company who are currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team.
A knowledge of process plant operations would be beneficial, as would experience of working with some or all the following: rotating machinery, pumps, decanter centrifuges, belt presses and filter presses although full training will be given. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, well-organized, computer literate, confident and reliable, with a desire to expand their knowledge and develop their skills.
Due to anticipated growth and expansion, there may be a requirement for working across Europe.
The role is interesting, varied and includes travelling and working away from home at times; a suitable vehicle and accommodation will be provided.
* Electrical Biased Engineer, having served a recognised apprenticeship or other formal training.
* Well organised and able to undertake design and repair of high-speed rotating equipment electrical systems.
* IET 18th Edition and ideally NICEIC qualified.
* Familiar with industrial installation and control systems.
* Familiar with PLC/Micro Processor control systems and Star/Delta or Inverter motor drive techniques up to 150 Kw.
* Currently working or has worked in the water/wastewater or process/manufacturing industry.
* Working hours includes weekends on a rota basis (currently 1 in every 4 weeks).
* Must be able to communicate at all levels and gain the trust and respect of customers.
* Is able to compile service and visit reports and be able to use MS Word, Outlook, and Excel software.
* Must have clean full driving licence.
* Living within commuting distance of Andover but able to travel all over the UK.
* To maintain and fault find electrical control panels to meet our requirements as well as current electrical installation regulations.
* To undertake and document the statutory Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) for a fleet of mobile processing units.
* To Install, Operate and Maintain a range of Mobile Processing Equipment.
* Undertake service contracts of customers own installed plant.
* To undertake mechanical breakdowns and workshop repairs when required.
* Assist sales department with customer visits.
* Supervise and train subcontract labour.
* Compile Risk Assessments and Method Statements prior to undertaking service work.
* Very competitive basic salary and paid overtime.
* Company vehicle and fuel card.
* All necessary tools and IT equipment provided.
* Pension following qualifying period.
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days with length of service.
* Corporate wear and PPE provided.
* Bonus scheme after qualifying period.
* Extensive ongoing training, mentoring and development.
* Employee Assistance Program