To see more Chinese jobs please follow us on WeChat: teamchinapf AND pfteamchina
Your New Job Title: Cantonese speaking Assistant Risk Manager (non-Credit Risk)
Your New Salary: up to £50k depending on experience
Location: Central London
* Responsible for managing the section to perform the 2nd Line of Defences functions to assist the Head of RMD in discharging her duties as the Risk Controller of non-credit risk functions including but not limited to market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, operation risk and other risks on an on-going
* In addition, the job incumbent is responsible for performing the other assignments given by Head of RMD or Deputy Head of RMD in her / his absence.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
Management of non-credit risks
* ERM Functions - Perform the 2nd Line of Defence functions to support the Head of RMD in discharging her duties as the Risk Controller of non-credit risks for the Branch under the ERM framework.
* Develop specific action plans to address the key risk issues identified.
* Risk Management Initiatives - Lead the team in implementing the key initiatives of RMD and as assigned by Head of RMD.
* ERM Promotion - Assist the Head of RMD in promoting risk culture and awareness within the Branch, enhance staff's familiarity with the ERM framework and regulatory requirements.
* Communication - Assist the Head of RMD in corresponding with the regulators and other parties in relation to the non-credit risk management related issues of the Branch.
* Risk Monitoring - Monitor the non-credit risks in accordance with internal guidelines and policies regulatory requirements and market environment for identifying any necessary updating.
* Risk Reporting - Regularly report the monitoring results and any significant issues related to non-credit risks to Head of RMD or Head Office CRMD and regular reports for the Branch ALCO, BCOC, EC or ORMC or Head Office as appropriate.
* Liaise with regulators and the audit function on non-credit risks related examination, provide the information and reports requested in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner, and address the findings and recommendations raised by HKMA/PRA/FCA and the audit function.
* Risk Management Process - Direct the team to work closely with the Risk Owners in the identification, assessment, monitoring, controlling and reporting non-credit risk of the Branch according to the established policies and processes, as well as the instructions of Head of RMD and Head Office.
Resource and Talent Management
* Manage resource deployment and utilization, monitor staff performance and take appropriate measures to promote staff proficiency and productivity on an on-going basis.
Compliance & Risk Management
* Comply with all applicable regulations, rules, codes, guidelines and standards set by regulators and the Branch, and carry out duties with high integrity; and
* Adhere to all established risk control guidelines, procedures and measures to identify, assess, report, mitigate and monitor the risks involved in the day-to-day work
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
* Proficient in spoken and written English and Cantonese.
* Strong experience for Risk Manager / Assistant Risk Manager
* High level of analysis skills on non-credit risk functions including but not limited to market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, operation risk and other risks
* Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* University Graduate OR Relevant Professional Qualification
* An understanding of the current regulatory regime applicable to banking institutions
* Background of operating and managing within a control environment and compliance with operating procedures and risk policies
* The ability to communicate effectively with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
* Have good judgment, sound business sense and the ability to make decisions
Please view all our Chinese jobs at www.people-first-recruitment
Please follow us on Linkedin: people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.