Domiciliary Care/Support Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of East Anglia's most established and prestigious domestic care providers.
This leading regional provider for Home Care to predominantly the elderly for in excess of ten years. Working with local councils and social providers as well as private clients, they have gained an excellent reputation for quality of service.
Within the role you will be required to carry out but not limited to the following duties:
* To be the lead within a team of Domiciliary Care/Support Workers
* To Ensure all Health and Safety checks are completed
* To Complete team supervision and competency checks
* Maintaining support documentation and ensuring all is up to date and relevant.
* To promote independent skills.
* Be part of an out of hours on call system on a rota basis.
* To cover care work when for staff sickness and and when no one else is available.
* To complete spot checks on other staff members
* To be part of or conduct client reviews
* To regularly collate and bring in old DCR's and MAR charts to office for auditing
* Medication and finance Management, ensuring systems are in place and are being followed.
* To look after the physical, emotional, cultural and social needs of the Clients using a person-centred approach and ensuring that all the team adhere to company and CQC standards.
* To observe and promote the Client's choice, independence, dignity, privacy, fulfilment and other rights.
* To create, promote and maintain good professional relationships with Clients, their family and friends
* To actively support other Care Workers as required
* To adhere to and promote all regulatory and statutory obligations and company policies, procedures and guidelines.
* To actively market the company and promote a positive, personal and professional profile, ensuring the good reputation of the company at all times.
* To provide personal care and support to Clients with a wide range of needs, illnesses and disabilities.
* To undertake the tasks detailed in the Client's care and support plan using a person-centred approach and in the least intrusive way and ensuring that all the team adhere to company and CQC standards.
* To assist Clients getting up in the morning and going to bed at night, wash, bath and shower, dress and undress, toileting, continence management and personal hygiene.
* To assist Clients with their medication at the agreed level of support and as detailed in their Medication Care Needs Assessment
* To prepare food and drink for the Client, being aware of the Client's choice, likes/dislikes, nutritional needs and cultural requirements
* To maintain detailed accurate records in respect of care and medication support given and tasks undertaken and to regularly read care and support plans, acknowledging changes
* To recognise the signs of abuse and immediately report abuse or suspected abuse to a Manager
* To attend and participate in regular Care Worker team meetings and any other relevant meetings
* To attend in house and external training pertinent to the role of Care Team Leader and Worker
* Any other duties requested by Senior Management, which are within the scope of the post
* To report directly back to the Registered Manager and direct line manager/co-Ordinator.
* To assist in recruitment process both sourcing and interviewing potential care workers.
The job role and its duties within may vary depending upon current business and legislation change and updates.
Rate £10.50 per hour - Monday to Friday and £11.25 at weekends.
Pension, Mileage, 28 Days Holiday and more