Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Glasgow/Dundee, is currently looking to recruit a Senior Financial Controls Manager for an initial 6 month contract - with the potential to extend - on a rate of £430-£480/day (inside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be remote based for the foreseeable future.
- Being responsible for ensuring there are effective controls and processes are in place for accounting including reconciliation, liaising with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Being responsible for working closely with the Programme to implement effective systems and processes for the Corporate Finance team.
- Longer term, responsible for managing continuous improvement across the wider Corporate Finance team, reviewing and enhancing process of control when required.
- Provide scrutiny and constructive challenge of options appraisals, change requests & business cases to ensure financial implications are considered and financial requirements are met.
- Responsible for line managing a small team, and supporting the wider Corporate Finance team maintaining an open, collaborative and supportive culture.
- Represent Corporate Finance at relevant governance boards providing professional and specialist advice.
- Professionally qualified accountant - CCAB professional accountancy body or equivalent with up to date CPD
- Experience in a Programme/Project environment
- Significant financial experience preferably in a change environment.
- People management experience
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative, to deliver high quality outcomes and outputs and to meet deadlines whilst managing competing pressures.
- Strong communication & leadership skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to explain financial information effectively to non-finance stakeholders and to influence change.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch