Data Engineer - Nottinghamshire or Remote working
We're currently recruiting for 3 x Contract Data Engineers to join our market leading client in the Nottinghamshire area. Although based in Nottinghamshire my client is happy for people to work fully remote or hybrid arrangement if you prefer some time in the office.
Using your in-depth knowledge in the data world you will help develop, maintain, support, and integrate their growing number of data systems and be keen to expand upon your existing knowledge set learning new technologies along the way as well as supporting legacy technologies and processes.
In order to be considered it is essential you have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 5 years' experience software development or database experience
- Proficiency in writing SQL including stored procedures in languages such as T-SQL. PL/PgSQL and PL/SQL
- Proficiency in one or more database scripting languages (i.e., PowerShell, Python etc.,)
- Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure across several different RDBMS systems as well as NoSQL systems
- A basic knowledge of key data structures and algorithms
- Capability in programming in 3GL languages (such as C#, C, C++ or Java)
- A solid understanding of physical database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
- Understand how to apply technologies to solve data problems and to develop innovative data related solutions
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding, and testing patterns
- Extensive experience in Microsoft SSIS, specifically designing and implementing ETL packages
Any experience of SaaS and on-prem Engineering and Data Platforms (such as Snowflake, Qlik DI, FiveTran, Stitch) would be an advantage as would knowledge and usage of BI Tools such as Looker, Power BI and Tableau.
Apply now for more information