Marks Sattin are working with a leading financial services business in Wolverhampton to recruit a Risk Manager to join their growing liquidity and market risk teams.
The key purpose of this role is to support the Heads of Market and Liquidity Risk on the management of all market and liquidity risk issues including market and liquidity risk analytics, development of management information, stress testing, and hedging strategy with a particular emphasis on ALC systems implementation and maintenance. This role involves management of one or two Risk Analysts.
The Market & Liquidity Risk Manager will work particularly closely with the Treasury and Finance functions as well as Product teams. As the Group does not have a trading book, market risk is primarily interest rate risk in the banking book. The individual will be expected to support established and future initiatives to enhance and upgrade the bank's policies, systems and controls in accordance with industry good practice and emerging regulatory standards
- Prior experience in managing risks associated with business assets and liabilities (liquidity and/or IRRBB) is essential
- Experience in developing, operating and critically reviewing various tools or models
- Prior experience in managing direct reports or a small team
- Understanding of the measurement and management of liquidity risk, a focus on retail savings particularly helpful
- Understanding of the measurement and management of interest rate risk in the banking book, with an understanding of hedge accounting helpful
- Knowledge of regulatory regime including reporting and ILAAP or ICAAP is helpful.
- Excellent financial modelling ability. Excel essential, other tools, particularly VBA, SQL, R helpful.