Finance Assistant Hertfordshire County Council £10.01 per hour 3 month Temp opportunity Monday to Friday, 9-5 StevenageJOB CONTEXT
We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant to join the brokerage team within the Children's Services department. To support the delivery of effective and timely Finance Business Partner services in accordance with the specification and service standards set out in the Finance Herts Service Level Agreement.MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To deliver financial support and administrative tasks and to reconcile financial information accurately and efficiently within the team are required.
- To support the accurate and timely processing and recording of financial data and maintenance of financial records.
- To support the administration and reconciliation of an Imprest account
- To support payments via BACS transfer, purchasing card and invoicing
- To liaise and work closely with finance colleagues across the Herts
- Finance Service to help develop best practice and to support the delivery of the brokerage service to enable service budget managers to meet their service delivery targets and business plans.
- To support the wider development of the team's understanding and delivery of the Council's equalities and diversity agenda.
You will be a highly numerate individual who will ensure absolute accuracy in all work undertaken. You will take a pro-active approach to adhering to processes and providing excellent customer service as well as working effectively as part of a team.
You must have good administrative skills. Although there are no specific qualifications required for these roles previous experience in dealing with payments by BACS, lmprest, purchasing card and invoicing would also be beneficial. Relevant experience of using financial systems and Microsoft excel are essential.
You will have 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at grade C and above or equivalent.Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.