To meet the needs of learners with identified Learning Difficulties and / or Disabilities including in class and out of class support to remove barriers to accessing learning and participation.
To implement agreed learning support with individuals and groups with a view to encourage learner independence using identified support strategies DUTIES
- To provide appropriate learning support for groups and /or individuals with identified Learning difficulties and / or Disabilities. Including in and out of class support, residential activities, educational visits or work experience.
- To provide learning support for those learners identified as having additional support needs for literacy and numeracy.
- To contribute to the planning, differentiation and target setting for learners needs with curriculum staff and the wider Student Support team.
- To record, review and adapt strategies throughout the academic year using student ILP and other college systems.
- To develop and assist the integration of students by supporting the transition process and enrichment activities.
- To support the Student Support Manager to carry out Healthcare Plans, PEEPs, exam concessions and specialist equipment are in place.
- To support learners with personal care and medical needs including administration of medication where indicated in their Healthcare Plan.
- To develop and adapt accessible resources and materials prior to lessons to maximise all learning opportunities.
- To assist learners with the use of specialist equipment and embed the use of assistive technology to promote independence.
- To develop positive working practices with external agencies in order to gather accurate information to inform learning support.
- To engage in continuous professional development.
- Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.