Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting graduates considering a career in primary teaching in the future, working in partnership with a large Multi Academy Trust with primary school's and specific provisions across Greater Manchester.
Teaching Personnel are looking to not only secure employment for you as a teaching assistant within a school with the MAT (Multi Academy Trust), but also offer a clear and concise pathway onto a school based initial teacher training programme in the future. This programme allows you to gain the necessary experience required to be confident and successful when you do decide to begin your teacher training.
As a graduate teaching assistant you can expect paid employment of up to 12 months with one of the MATs local primary schools. The MAT has mainstream primary school's located in the Salford, Rochdale, Oldham, Tameside and Central Manchester area. *** Applicants must hold a degree or be in the process of completing your degree (final year) and be looking to pursue a career in education ***
- Up to 12 months full time Graduate teaching assistant role - Followed by introduction to a SCITT programme at an Outstanding training school
- Over 20 places available across the whole of Greater Manchester
- Opportunities for all graduates pursuing a career in primary education
- Paid £10.00 - £11.50 per hour, for the first 12 months whilst gaining essential and invaluable experience as a teaching assistant
As a graduate teaching assistant you will initially work within a supporting capacity whereby you will work on-site at one of the MAT schools and support pupils across all Key Stages and subjects including foundation and core subjects. This will be a full time role with an allocated school in Greater Manchester where you will undertake a variety of tasks and activities that will give you a good understanding as to the role of a teacher. A significant proportion of these tasks and activities will also benefit your subject knowledge as you will focus on raising pupil attainment, supporting special needs pupils, covering classes, assisting with planning, preparing lessons and developing schemes of work.Responsibilities within the graduate teaching assistant role include providing;
- One to one booster sessions/interventions where you will raise pupil attainment
- SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs
- In-class support to enhance pupils learning experience
- Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to upskill you in this area
- HLTA role where you will experience covering lessons (PPA) and classroom management
For immediate consideration all graduates or those coming to the end of their degrees are encouraged to send an updated CV to Kaera via the link below or contact Teaching Personnel for further information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.