As a Team Leader at Willis Towers Watson, you will be making a valuable difference within our leading and fast-growing pension administration business. You and your team will provide a valued and well-regarded service to our impressive portfolio of clients that include a number of prestigious and market leading global companies. You will have the opportunity to benefit from your experience to date and develop your career further within this important and key role within WTW.
This is an exciting role working as a Team Leader of the Project & Transition Specialist team within Technology and Administration Solutions focusing on delivery of new pensions administration installs and major projects for existing clients within the Speciality Community (Insurance clients/ DC MasterTrust/Bundled final salary schemes). The successful candidate will play an essential role in leading high profile client projects from the initiation/sales phase through to completion and will typically act as a lead administration contact during the project delivery phase. They will ideally have a strong broad understanding of the various delivery streams across a pensions administration service and a strong background in final salary pensions administration. Money purchase knowledge is also an advantage. They will need to be able to co-ordinate and provide guidance across multiple workstreams and the ability to understand and explain complex issues.
If you are ambitious, self-driven, a people person and have a can-do attitude you will fit well within our busy working environment. If you want to enhance your career within an exciting business, we would invite you to apply for this role today.
We can offer you a fun and engaging environment working with some of the best people in our industry. We will reward your efforts with a competitive salary and a very comprehensive benefits package including a generous discretionary bonus.
We can offer flexiblity for the right candidate to work from home with occasional visits to the office in Redhill, so long as you are visible and accessible to your team whilst working remotely.The Role
- Take responsibility for new client transition projects including insurance buy outs and buy ins
- Monitor and allocate the work for the Projects Team against the project plans together with the Project Managers
- Be the key point of contact for the client, attending regular transition calls / meetings with the client and as required the ceding third party administrator
- Ensure that all delivery promises are achieved
- Take responsibility for agreeing the scope of proformas for retirement calculations, including test packs and oversee the automation via liaising with the systems teams.
- Take responsibility for documenting procedures and establishing controls for new client during transition process
- Work on ad hoc client chargeable projects as required
- Challenge procedures to identify process improvements and drive improvements through to completion
- Build relationships across TAS teams (on & offshore) and WTW lines of business
- Identify and efficiently resolve issues identifying solutions which will enable projects to be effectively delivered in accordance with client requirements
- Build on outputs from post project reviews and other sources to drive project delivery improvements across workstreams
- Gain a good understanding of the TAS administration business, service initiatives and project delivery impact on profitability
- Assist and train junior project team members
- Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client/members' needs and to promote the Willis Towers Watson brand.
- On a daily basis be the main contact for an agreed list of projects and maintain and develop client relationships.
- Be a point of reference on technical issues and project related queries
- Be responsible for the team members' performance reviews.
- Coach, mentor and drive colleague training, development and team performance.
- Support and develop our client relationships as appropriate.
- Active involvement in recruitment and selection of colleagues.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Prior experience of managing a team or experience of mentoring / training within a pensions administration environment.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to organize and prioritise your tasks and those of your team.
- Experience of pensions projects
- Knowledge of occupational pension scheme buy ins and buy outs an advantage
- Record of demonstrating the ability to identify opportunities for improvement with subsequent delivery
- Previous experience in delivery of final salary (DB) pensions administration services to clients and understanding of supporting processes and systems
- Concise and confident communicator of project governance aspects and issues - covering both verbal and written skills
- Highly organized, motivated individual with excellent communication skills and strong team skills