Financial AccountantRotherham based£35,000 - £45,000 plus benefits package
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join a leading construction business in Potherham. We are looking for fully qualified candidates with either ACA / ACCA or if you are working towards this.
As the Financial Accountant you will be an effective part of the finance team and provide technical accounting support and control to the Financial Accounting & Controls Manager, as well as commercial and finance teams.Key accountabilities will include:
- Responsibilities, skills and experience include:
- Support the requirements for the annual and interim statutory audits
- Develop and maintain analysis for management and audit purposes
- Implement systems and procedures to facilitate efficient collection of data required for audit
- Point of contact in Division for all technical accounting and audit related matters
- Keep up to date with IFRS requirements and implement within Division
- Production of all IFRS information as required including writing technical accounting papers
- Attend regular meetings with the external reporting teams
- Consolidation accounting
- Monitor and develop Internal control processes, reporting, and assessments
- Support for Business Development on financial elements of bids as required
- Continually develop and improve the systems and procedures for the reporting team
- Good financial & commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Good communicator and strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent planning & administration skills
- Being open to innovation and new ways of working
- Innovative thinking and can do attitude
- Strong IT skills with excellent working knowledge of ERP systems
- MS Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to progress their career and continue their development. This is a long-term position, with promotion and growth opportunities with an establised, and ever-expanding business.
For more information please apply online now or call Tabitha on !
Howells is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.