We are currently looking to support our client based on the island of Guernsey with a requirement for a Technical Assistant in the power generation sector.
This role may be best suited to a graduate level engineer (or soon to be) looking to gain experience in the engineering sector. The client can offer flexibility but the role is most likely to begin as a Fixed Term Contract role for around one year with the opportunity for permanent staff offers to follow for successful candidates. The client will offer competitive salaries along with assistance and financial incentives to help with relocation/set up issues, and also travel. The role will be to provide technical support to the Asset Management team producing energy to the local network from imported Liquid Petroleum Gas. The position will be focused around capital project delivery, maintaining accurate asset information systems and analysing the performance, integrity and efficiency of all the company's fixed assets.
A description is given below and the client is looking for people to start as soon as logistically possible. Guernsey is a UK owned island that forms part of the Channel Islands archipelago off the coast of Normandy. It can be reached from the UK mainland with as little as 30 minute flight and barring a course of lateral flow tests, no further travel restrictions apply in relation to the coronavirus pandemic. The island offers a unique new way of life and is a popular resort for holiday makers, particularly adventure sports enthusiasts with renowned windsurfing sites given its ocean coastlines. It also offers cultural and heritage interests, and is popular for 'island hopping' with easy travel to the nearby islands of Sark, Herm, Alderney and Lihou.
For more information and to apply for this exciting opportunity please read the description below and respond with a copy of your latest CV and information on your current situation and availability. I look forward to hearing from you.
Technical Assistant: Key Purpose/Job Overview
Provide technical support to the Asset Management team, focused around, capital project delivery, maintaining accurate asset information systems and analysing the performance, integrity and efficiency of all fixed assets.
Technical Assistant: Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide technical support to Asset Management Function
• Provide support in the development and delivery of the engineering projects
• Capture, control and communication of asset data
• Undertake specific improvement projects
• Support the development of technical specifications
• Support the ongoing development and operation of the computerised maintenance management system
• Preparation of presentations and briefings to support the Asset Department
• Producing monthly reports on work activities
Key Working Relationships
• Liaise with the Asset Management team to build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
• Work closely with senior Asset Management team to develop and enhance the asset information systems.
• Communicate with all departments.
• Communicate with outside agencies when appropriate whilst been mindful of the company's Data Protection Policy.
• The Post holder will be expected to contribute to their annual performance development review and interim performance reviews (this process is currently under review)
Health and Safety
• The post holder will be responsible for their own Health and Safety and the impact of their advice and actions on others and seek guidance where appropriate. They will be responsible for identifying any possible risks and near misses via the hazard reporting procedure.
Any Other Duties
• The Post holder shall perform such duties and observe and conform with any reasonable requests by Senior Management.
Qualifications & Training:
STEM undergraduate degree
Relevant engineering qualification - Desirable
Proven knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcMap, Computerised Maintenance Management System - Desirable
Technical and operational knowledge relevant to LPG and Natural Gas industries - Desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
Enthusiastic about engineering disciplines and focused on achieving membership to a relevant professional body.
Good verbal communication skills, attention to detail and initiative.
Self-motivation, positive attitude, integrity, tolerance and confidence.
Active listening skills, empathy and ability to interact with others in a tactful, sensitive and appropriate manner.
Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail.
Ability to observe the Company's data Protection Policy
Excellent IT Skills
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Self- motivated and able to demonstrate initiative with a flexible and reliable approach.
Good organisational skills and the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
An enquiring mind and willing to question and challenge