Frontline Recruitment Weymouth are seeking an experienced finance manager to join a busy department here in Weymouth.
* Day-to-day management responsibility for the finance and accounting operations within, ensuring deadlines are met on time and activities are carried out in accordance with statutory legal requirements
* Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to management staff while recommending further courses of action.
* Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take especially regarding foreign currency transactions
* Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company's actual performance compared to the business plans.
* Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
* Preparation of the company's overhead budget and annual operating plan.
* Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
* Monitoring internal controls and development of mechanisms to report the effectiveness of the finance department
* Overseeing and preparing income statements.
* Managing financial transactions and streamlining accounting functions and operations.
* Evaluating and managing financial risk within projects and the business as a whole
* Develop and implement procedures to effectively manage foreign tax implications on its operations
* Ability to develop budgets and reporting systems from a bottom-up approach to correctly identify and report overhead costs and direct contract costs.
* Responsible for tax and VAT reporting and compliance
* Oversight and approval of the clients system payroll
* Bachelors Degree or Masters in accounting, business, finance, or related field
* ACCA or CIMA accredited
* 5 + year's relevant experience in both an accounting firm and industry:
* Proven experience in Finance Management
* Proficient user of finance software
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
* A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
* Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
* Proficient user of MS Office applications
* Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Proactive, professional, and responsive
* Ability to quickly build good relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
* Critical thinking, research, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Well organised and self-motivated