We are looking for a Shift Manager to join the team at our GREENSTEEL facility in Scunthorpe. The Shift Manager will be responsible for all aspects of shift-based operations within Merchant Bar operation to meet business safety and performance objectives are met safely and cost effectively.
The Shift Manager will manage the shift based operational activities ensuring that optimum outputs and material flows are achieved safely and economically whilst underpinning the integrity and infrastructure of the site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Shift Manager will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
* Ensure all statutory and mandatory safety, health and environment standards are implemented and applied across shifts.
* Ensure that training and development requirements are progressed in accordance to provide optimum skills numbers and against documented competence profiles.
* Manage all aspects of shift operations to meet agreed departmental objectives
* Liaise with the engineering department to assist in the control of the maintenance strategy including routine, breakdown and stop period activities
* Ensure product and process quality standards are adhered to
* Coordinate shift resources and activities to optimise site performance
* Identify areas for operational and financial improvements and implement or assist in their implementation. Utilise business improvement tools and techniques as appropriate and direct any improvement team/project.
* Have input into any standard operating practices and rule generation to ensure that clear operating practices are established and followed.
* To manage any budgets where appropriate and to ensure that cost effective decisions are taken on shifts.
* To act as the Major Incident Controller as and when required and enact the responsibilities of this role.
* Generate reports as required and report against KPI's and have a clear understanding of all aspects of performance against targets.
The Shift Manager must hold the following skills and experience:
* A suitable qualification at a degree level is desirable
* Trained to IOSH Managing safety standard
* Significant supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment supported with a high level of organisational and coordination skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal & man management skills
* An appreciation of Continuous Improvement principles and methodologies along with experience of their implementation.
* Competitive pension scheme
* Income Protection
* Access to Advantage and Employee Assistance Programme