Global Sourcing Manager:
Our client, a globally renowned FMCG business is looking for a sustainability focused Global Sourcing Manager, based out of Berkshire.
The role will involve leading the on-going development of our clients sustainable sourcing strategy, focusing on natural raw materials such as latex and dairy.
This will involve working in close partnership with Procurement and external partners to understand the origins of raw materials sourced, ensuring that workers and communities are safeguarded, ecosystems protected, environmental impacts reduced and animal welfare ensured throughout our raw material supply chain.Key responsibilities:
- Build and maintain excellent understanding of sustainable agriculture, emerging opportunities and best practice in key value chains, and of the expectations of key stakeholders, adapting the business' policies and programmes accordingly.
- Identify, develop and manage strategic relationships with programme partners and NGOs to ensure programmes are credible and impactful.
- With the Procurement function, introduce sustainable sourcing into procurement practices and with suppliers to deploy programmes effectively for a more sustainable, resilient supply chain.
- Collaborate with peers, governments, civil society and local communities multi-stakeholder initiatives to address systemic supply chain challenges effectively
- Relevant degree in environmental or agricultural sciences, Sustainability, or a related discipline. A Postgraduate degree is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in an international environment within a matrix organisation, working cross-functionally and with varied stakeholders groups.
- Proven and recognised achievements in sustainable sourcing, supplier development and relationship management.
- Good understanding of the FMCG / consumer healthcare industry.