Main purpose of the job:
To provide information, guidance and advice to colleagues, partners and directly to children, young people and families to ensure they are enabled to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Communicating and engaging with children, young people and their families, with colleagues and with communities.
* Provide information, advice, guidance and challenge that will enable partners and colleagues to effectively support service users and achieve successful outcomes for children, young people and families.
* Provide advice and support to children, young people and families, working within any relevant policy or legislative requirements.
Effective Practice, Assessment, Planning and Review
* Support colleagues and partners to meet all statutory requirements and regulations.
* Support providers to ensure they are aware of and adhere to appropriate legislation and policy.
* Implement improvements and follow best practice and effective ways of working, facilitating further development or change where this is needed.
Reporting and Accurate Recording
* Prepare reports as required within scope of role.
Multi-Agency and Partnership Working
* Liaise and work with a range of colleagues including those from partner organisations to achieve successful outcomes for all children and young people within area of work.
* Promote and share/model effective practice with relevant partners within scope of role.
* Follow and promote early intervention and prevention within scope of role.
* Work with colleagues to support effective collaborative working, actively seeking feedback to ensure effective impact.
Managing Risk and Safeguarding
* The post-holder must show a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
* Undertake other tasks allocated by manager or senior colleagues, in keeping with the responsibilities of the grade:
* Work in accordance with the Council's statutory responsibilities, policies and service procedures and comply with equality and diversity policies, procedures and legislation.
* Maintain customer confidentiality in accordance with the Data Protection Act and SCC guidance, including responding to any known data breaches.
* Follow best value principles and monitoring within your area of responsibility.
* Participate in training and development opportunities, in order to improve knowledge, skills and effectiveness of self.
The adviser will:
* Have access to a line manager for decisions that fall outside their delegated responsibilities.
* Be required to organise their own workload