As a multi-channel retailer and now in our third decade on the high street, we are seeking a Retail leader to support our Chippenham team.
Who are Cotton Traders?
CT for short, we are a clothing retailer and established in 1987 by England rugby captains and legends Fran Cotton and Steve Smith. Supported by a growing online and offline (catalogue) presence, we have 80 stores nationwide in England, Scotland and Wales and employ 800 people across the country. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to grow the business across all touch points and we can only do this with the best people around us. In turn, we are now looking for a new support leader at our store in Leigh Delamere Services (M4), Chippenham.
What's in the role and what are we looking for?
We are recruiting for a 32 hours per week Retail Team Leader but for us, it's the person we cherish, not the title. Yes, you'll be responsible for the store and everything that it entails - sales, service, targets. Most importantly, you'll be a leader. A leader of people and a leader in the current and challenging world of retailing. You'll have bundles of passion and energy in driving a small team forward; you'll epitomise our standards of customer service and you'll put smiles on people's faces - customers and staff.
Traditionally, our Retail Team Leaders are responsible for:-
* Delivering a true and honest customer experience, treating those as you yourself would like to be treated
* Deputising for the Store Manager, leading to overall responsibility of the store on 2 days of the week
* Merchandising the store in line with our brand guidance
* Managing store stock-rooms, ensuring effective replenishment and stock control
* Leading, engaging and managing the performance of the team in the absence of the Store Manager
Key skills and behaviours that we look for:-
* Passionate about people and customer experiences
* Desire and/or experience of leading people
* Seeks positive outcomes
* Open to change and challenge
* Strives for excellence and seeks to improve & innovate
* Competent with computers and willing to engage with technology
* Kind with morally sound values
What's on offer?
We are protective and proud in equal measure of our culture and suggest you take a look at our values on our web-site to gain a better understanding of life at CT. Once you're on the journey however, you'll be rewarded with, alongside other things:-
* 33 days holidays (including bank holidays, pro-rata)
* Very generous clothing allowance
* Employee discount for you and your family
* Health cash-plan
* Long service awards
Many applicants contact us to discuss life at CT and you are most welcome to drop by any of our stores or telephone us to learn more. And when you're ready to apply, following the site instructions and we very much look forward to hearing from you