Our client is a prestigious London law firm - they are now looking to recruit an experienced AML Compliance Officer to join their busy and expanding Compliance team in London.
The focus of this role will be to assist the Compliance team in all areas of internal and external legal compliance, primarily focusing on client due diligence procedures, ensuring compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations.
The standard hours are 9.30am to 5.30pm. The salary on offer is up to £35,000 + Benefits (and salary review next year). This role is a permanent position. You will be working in their office for 2 or 3 days a week (flexibility required).
This is a great AML Compliance Officer opportunity to join one of London's most prestigious law firms!
Your responsibilities as an AML Compliance Officer will include:
- To assist in ensuring that adequate Customer Due Diligence is conducted on all clients of the firm, initially focused on ensuring compliance with the firm's ongoing monitoring obligations
- To review client matter files (existing and new) to ensure proper client opening, maintenance and Customer Due Diligence procedures have been followed
- To answer AML queries raised by the fee earners and secretaries and to escalate these to the Compliance Manager
- To research and provide opinions on complex AML related queries
- To communicate regularly with, and to immediately report any problems or potential areas of compliance concern to, the Compliance Manager
- To provide monthly updates to the wider Compliance team on issues raised or trends identified
- To support and develop internal AML knowledge and best practice
- To assist with any other compliance issues and to escalate these to the Compliance Manager
- To support the Compliance Manager, Head of Risk & Compliance and others with AML projects
Requirements as an AML Compliance Officer include:
- Ideally previous experience gained from a Law firm
- Previous AML Compliance experience
- Educated to degree level (LLB preferred, England & Wales or equivalent jurisdiction)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail