Teaching Personnel are currently looking to recruit a full time Teaching Assistant to support 1:1 within a Primary School in County Durham (DH7). You will be working with a child experiencing a variety of behavioural difficulties.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be working with students in Key Stages 1 and 2, in classes between 5-8 students, accompanied by a Teacher and another Support Assistant.
The candidate must have:
- Some experience working with children and young people who display challenging behaviour
- Experience of de-escalation training would be advantageous
- The school would also consider candidates from youth work backgrounds, or similar roles
This role demands motivation, passion, patience and the ability to emotionally support children who are from vulnerable backgrounds and situations.
- Competitive pay rates of £(Apply online only) per week, however long term rates can be negotiated on your behalf
- Access to unique CPD opportunities to increase your qualifications and knowledge of the field such as: Autism Awareness, Safeguarding, Behaviour That Challenges and more
- An experienced Consultant along with our dedicated on call service
If this role interests you, or you would like to speak with some regarding other opportunities we may have, please get in touch today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.