We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Accountant
to support the Chief Accountant and Deputy Chief Accountant in maintaining the integrity of the accounts and produce the Statement of Accounts each year for our local government client based in London N22.
will work on the Implementation of the IFRS 16 - Capital Lease Accounting, Chart of Accounts maintenance, revenue and Balance Sheet Accounting. They will ensure that the financial reporting processes, procedures and policies are pragmatic, fit for purpose and up to date with best practice.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
A hybrid approach to home working will be in place whilst Covid restrictions are in place.
- Prospective applicants should be qualified or actively studying towards a CCAB qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working in a local authority closing team and demonstrate an understanding of the application of the CIPFA Code of Practice.
- Fixed Assets accounting experience including processing valuation journals and responding to audit queries
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of IFRS 16 Capital Lease Accounting
- Prepared core financial statements and/or critical notes to financial statements giving examples
- Produced consolidated Group year-end accounts
Please apply for further information
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.