SRA Engineering are looking for an experienced Quality Manager to join a client of ours in Greater Manchester. You will lead and manage all aspects of Quality engineering relating to the manufacturing of the companies products.
You will be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and clear communication is an integral part of the manufacturing process. You will be able to comprehend complex manufacturing operations and understand detailed customer specifications. You should also be able to optimise day-to-day activities whilst at the same time minimizing costs.
You will have demonstrable and solid understanding of maintaining AS9100 and ISO quality systems as required, with experience and understanding of FAIR's, CMM inspection / programming and NDT inspection.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
* Management of ISO 9001:2015 and AS 9001 Revision D.
* Establish KPIs for all direct reports.
* Manage a team of Quality Control (QC) Inspectors.
* Establish in-house quality procedures with suitable KPIs that comply with ISO Standards in conjunction with the Operations Manager & Technical Manager.
* Ensure that all manufacturing processes comply with all legal standards (including EH&S) at both national and international level.
* Responsible for the training of all employees and Agency workers, to encourage and deliver a high standard of compliance within all operational areas.
* Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & Collate Best Practice.
* Establish in-house specifications for both incoming materials and finished goods.
* Specify quality requirements of raw materials with upstream suppliers.
* Plan and perform both internal audits, and external supplier audits.
Skills and Experience Required
* Experience of managing a technically demanding Quality Department.
* In-depth knowledge of both ISO 9001 and AS 9001 ideally ISO 14001 Standards
* Ability to set up/maintain an ISO 9001 Quality Management system from first principles.
* Ability to conduct gap analyses across differing quality systems, and have the ability to transition ISO 9001:2008 to 2015? This has already been done?
* Auditing experience
* In depth knowledge of AS9100 Rev C and ability to transition to Rev D
* Proven track record in setting a long-term vision on quality, and driving it forwards to improve company performance