Delivery Integration Manager
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Edinburgh to recruit for a Delivery Integration Manager in the Public Sector on a temporary basis for 6 months with potential extension.
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely.
Day rate: £514 - £614 (Inside IR35)
A delivery integration manager is accountable for effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services. They have strong communication skills and engage senior stakeholders.
The role is similar to a delivery manager role, but Delivery Integration Managers will have more experience across a range of products and services, throughout the entire lifecycle, and have greater responsibility and accountability as the main point of escalation. They coach and mentor delivery managers.
The main duties would be:
- Work with one of the Delivery Teams on the Organisations Programme and have responsibility for understanding and tracking all dependencies that team has with other teams and organisations.
- Be able to understand both business and technical dependencies between services and manage across them.
- Have first class interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with technical teams, business focused and third-party stakeholders.
- Be delivery focused and pragmatic in approach.
- Reconcile conflicting concerns of different stakeholders.
- Be a key player in business and technical governance processes.
- Assure and maintain dependencies, both Technical and Business, within a suitable tracking plan.
- Work with the other Delivery Integration Managers on the Programme to create a holistic view of all dependencies.
- Report to the Delivery Integration Lead on a "management by exception" basis on an ad hoc basis, but also at the Delivery Integration Board.
- Manage DWP, HMRC, Local Authorities and other third-party suppliers.
- Collaborate with external suppliers to ensure that their solution meet our requirements, including application design and integration points/APIs.
- Be the main point of contact and coordination between the project team and the external suppliers.
- Participate in key governance processes that control decisions impacting the delivery of the interfaces and communicate these decisions effectively.
- Ensure that the proposed solutions can be delivered within appropriate the timescales.
- Validate and monitor the supplier costs associated with delivery of the interfaces.
- Be proactive in identifying risks to a successful delivery and escalating any concerns as early as possible
- Experience of programme delivery in roles that span both business and technical dependencies.
- Experience of multiple delivery lifecycle models including Agile and waterfall.
- Multi-supplier/organisation delivery & supplier management in an IT environment
- Be able to communicate equally comfortably with both business and technical colleagues.
- Public sector experience
- Experience of managing cross-organisation/ cross-sector programmes
Candidates are required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate