Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our analysts work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are *the* trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Who we are:
The Global Engineering Services (GES) finance team supports different teams delivering real estate solutions, capex investments and the procurement services for Amazon's operations. The procurement controlling team is a part of the wider GES finance team and partners closely with our dynamic, collaborative and creative procurement team in EU.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a curious individual who wants to learn, develop and grow. The individual will collaborate with many procurement colleagues and is a trustworthy business partner for our engineering teams. You value diversity, have fun on the job and want to be part of a growing company and team.
Job responsibilities include:
The Finance Business Partner will have the following responsibilities:
· Procurement savings validation and reporting;
· Develop baselines and benchmark for various procurement categories;
· Identify saving opportunities through spend analysis for assigned procurement categories;
· Support with budgeting and forecasting;
· Support your procurement partners with significant tenders and negotiations
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Professional licenses or certifications (such as: CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or CPA or equivalent)
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase or Cognos) and other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)