As we continue to open up more managerial opportunities, we're seeking a savvy, motivated Senior Finance Business Partner to join our world-class Fulfilment & Operations network. You'll function as the trusted finance manager, business partner and advisor, helping fellow Amazonians to really understand their financial decisions.
We're working to become the most customer-centric company on Earth: come and teach us a few things about finance, and we'll teach you few things in return.
About this key role:
In this role you'll do far more than manage spreadsheets. Our ideal finance manager doesn't just manage our books and make our ends meet; they help drive the company forward.
So while one aspect of this role is about understanding our numbers and budgets, equal aspects of the position require the big vision and drive of an ambitious Finance Manager. You'll make huge impact, not just on the bottom line performance of your Fulfilment Centre, but on the overall customer experience.
You'll employ every facet of finance data mining to ensure your partners, colleagues and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information at hand, helping them make the best possible financial decisions they can.
You'll be responsible for:
· You'll use your expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, as you create meaningful reports,
· You'll define and promote business improvements, while recommending cost reductions,
· Via root cause analysis, you'll leverage extensive FC data to uncover any underlying process- or finance related issues,
· You'll then assist your facility with necessary improvements or process changes, as well as aiding the creation of new measures to bolster site productivity,
· You'll recommend, develop and implement policies and programmes that guide our Operations in maintaining (and improving) its competitive position and profitability,
· Lead the development of all weekly and monthly financial metrics, alongside all financial planning, forecasting and reporting models:
· You'll take care of continuous innovation regarding your area of expertise, as you aim to improve your deliverables, while making them more readily accessible for everyone,
· You'll work with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key financial decision data is accurate, automated and delivered in a timely fashion,
· You'll own the continuous development of efficient reporting tools to support decision-making. Wherever possible driving automation into the team's processes to ensure that manual analysis is being focused on value add activities.
· As an analyst, you're a quick thinker: able to handle complex priorities while providing level-headed guidance, even during unexpected events.
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, or any similar discipline with a clear analytical bias,
· You've gained significant, relevant experience in similar positions,
· Proven financial experience, including deep familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as in root cause data interpretation,
· Advanced Excel essential, with VBA skills preferred
· Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn this essential
· You're comfortable performing ad hoc financial analysis using data reporting tools
You're a proven communicator, when working with multiple peer groups and varying levels of seniority,
· Proven problem-solving ability, alongside previous analyst experience, particularly in root cause analysis,
· At Amazon we love data, you should be a highly analytical and detail-oriented person
· You combine your professional competency with an ability to develop new ideas, and creative solutions: you also have a track record of implementing these to great effect,
· Organised multitasker: you prioritise your workload, enabling you to meet tight deadlines, while achieving results, especially in an exciting, high-growth environment,
· Previous analyst experience in the financial side of manufacturing, logistics or distribution centre processes is a nice to have.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.