A permanent opportunity has arisen with CMA's Sherborne, Dorset based client. Our client, who looks after the financial affairs of their own client, is in need of a Assistant Accountant to assist them with a range of responsibilities covering limited companies operating in the financial consultancy sector, a pension scheme, a sole trader ship and reporting on overseas personal and property expenditure.What will the role involve?
- Entry bookkeeping for all income and costs ensuring they have been appropriately approved, recorded accurately and VAT where applicable;
- Control all payments runs and weekly bank reconciliation where needed;
- Prepare VAT returns ensuring timely submissions;
- Maintain all fixed asset registers, ledgers and control accounts;
- Undertake credit control as required;
- Produce management accounts and year-end statutory accounts files for internal and external audit review.
- You will ideally be AAT qualified or equivalent;
- Have had previous experience of VAT calculations;
- Will be able to take proactive approach to their work and prioritise their own tasks to ensure timely completion;
- Excellent IT skills, a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience of using accounting software;
- Will be flexible, willing to learn and take on additional responsibilities as required.
' A successful candidate should meet all of the criteria above'. Additional benefits and information:
- An attractive salary (depending on extent of required experience) and remuneration package including 8% employer pension contribution, 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, medical insurance and life insurance;
- Commitment to provide the successful candidate with ongoing career development;
- Onsite parking.
CMA Recruitment Group is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. CMA complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that CMA may contact you in connection with your application in relation to CMA providing you with work finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website. CMA is currently receiving a high volume of applications. Whilst we ensure all applications are considered, regrettably, it may not be possible to respond individually to all applications received.