Are you a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager who wants to work for a large manufacturing business that have manufacturing facilities located across the world.
Do you want to work in a single site based role being the sole responsible person on site for all HSE issues.
If you have previous experience in a HSE Managers role within manufacturing/engineering environment then please read on.
- HSE Manager (70/80% of the role is H&S with some environmental)
- Location: Southend-on-Sea
- Environment: Manufacturing - Machining, Fabrication and metal surface treatment
- Salary: £40,000-£45,000 DOE
- Monday to Friday days flexible hours, but something along the lines of 8am-4:45pm Mon-Thurs and Fri 8am-12:30pm or 7.00am - 16.00pm Monday - Thursday, 7.30am - 12.30pm Friday (39 hrs)
- Reporting to the central UK Health and Safety Manager
Working for a well-established manufacturing business with sites across the globe, we are now looking for a HSE Manager to join the business to ensure a safe working operation.
This role would suit someone who enjoys coaching and being out on the production floor, engaging with staff to ensure a safe working environment.
Overview of responsibilities of the HSE Manager role:
-Promote a positive health and safety culture
-To proactively identify health safety and environment risks and to propose improved solutions.
-To develop as required, policies and procedures that provides information and guidance to the business on Health Safety, Environmental issues.
-Provide training, leadership and coaching on health safety
-To provide regular communication throughout the organisation to promote a positive health, safety and environment culture
-Provide appropriate risk assessment methodology to comply with legislation and ensure all potential risks are identified and control measures implemented and monitored.
-Control PPE requirements for the site and keep records of checks.
-Lead and advise personnel on carrying out COSHH assessments and risk assessments and ensure risks are being reduced or removed alongside department managers
The ideal HSE Manager will have as many of the following in order to strengthen application:
• Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation.
• Experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
• Ability to effectively manage meetings, investigations and group discussions.
• High level of verbal and written communication skills with a strong character
• Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to design and deliver training modules.
• Patience and diplomacy and a collaborative approach
• Negotiating skills
• Must possess or be working towards NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum standard.
• Knowledge of ISO 14001, ISO 45001 & ISO5001 environmental/Health & Safety management systems is desirable.
• IOSH qualified desirable
• Member of the institute of Occupation safety and health desirable
What is in it for you:
-Opportunity within a large UK manufacturing organisation
-Supported by the wider business however site-based work
-Life insurance, Pension, 33 days holiday, Private Health.
Commutable from: Basildon, Brentwood, Chelmsford and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in the HSE Manager role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role