Do you have previous experience in a Project Management focused role within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment?
Do you have experience in a production and projects focused role in high volume manufacturing?
If so, you may be the ideal candidate to join our Projects team.
Role: Project Manager (No responsibilities for team management but responsible for managing the projects from start to finish)
Location: Arnold with manufacturing sites based near to Bilborough and Southwell
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 DOE
Hours: Monday-Friday office hours and can be agreed with the Manufacturing Manager
Benefits: 33 days holiday, 5% pension contribution; 4x salary death in service; eyecare vouchers; and an employee assistance programme.
We now require an additional project manager to join the team. The company manufacture bespoke products with bespoke in house designed machinery in a high volume production focused environment.
They have 2 Nottinghamshire located production facilities with plants in the Czech Republic and one to open in Japan in the near future.
As the project engineer you will be tasked to manage the project from start to finish, from initial concept working closely with the inhouse design and engineering teams managing the project from start to finish/production.
The ideal Project Engineer will have as many of the following in order to strengthen application:
- Qualified to HNC level desirable
- Background in high volume manufacturing - precision engineered products/machined products high volume
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills.
- Competence in Office particularly Excel, Word and Project.
- Good working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Project Management Experience
- Capable of working un-supervised and using own initiative.
- Good eye for detail with a methodical approach to the task in hand.
- Confident communicator
- Lean Manufacturing background
- 2d CAD experience beneficial
The role includes:
- Technical Support for Sales team including quotation support and technical issues
- New Process and Product Development completed inline with project plan and budget, takt time calculation, quality and cost.
- Existing Process and Cost Improvement to be identified, capitalised where required, project to be managed and implemented to deliver pre-determined benefits.
- NPI Projects to be completed inline our pre-agreed NPI process, our customer specification requirements and internal functional needs
- Determine new and improved tools, fixturing and supporting equipment to facilitate delivery of product new or existing.
- Optimize work flow and cell designs for efficient throughput.
- Daily support for Operations Team on manufacturing issues effecting current production
- Support all actions required for FMEA and control plan activities for new and existing projects
- To attend / present at section and company meetings as required.
- Develop and build relationships with customers, suppliers or contractors.
Commutable from Alfreton, Hucknall, Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in the Project Manager role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this position